Friday, December 26, 2014

A bookmark without a home

Today I finished Assassin's Apprentice, the first book of a fantasy series written by Robin Hobb. It was a fantastic finale, a nail-biter to the end, and I teared up in just the last few sentences.

Once I closed the book, I noticed my bookmark, sitting there on the couch...and I had no idea what to do with it. Where do you store a bookmark if not in a book? I am one of those people who has to have a place for everything, so this was a serious problem. I didn't want it on my nightstand, it didn't feel right in my drawer with my notebook and Bible, it couldn't just sit out on top of a random book.

It was quite the conundrum. I finally just decided I'd have to start another book immediately so I'd have a place to keep it.

But now I want to know: Where do you store your bookmarks?

That way I can have a backup plan in case my bookmark becomes homeless again.

4 comments:

  1. I have many more books than bookmarks, so I just slip it in another book or even leave it in the one I just finished. Sometimes home is the last place you lived before moving to a new place.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart! I could do that. As long as I don't forget which book I put it in. :)

      Delete
  2. I do what Beth does sometimes, but I actually have more bookmarks than books, so I have a big ladybug basket that holds the excess. :-)

    ReplyDelete